Sunday, August 2, 2020

North Carolina Cole Slaw

I made this cole slaw for topping pulled pork sandwiches.  It was delicious.  I just used a bag of cole slaw blend but would love to make it from scratch as shown in the original recipe (found here).  

For now, I'll just post the dressing recipe since that is what I used. 

Vinegar Cole Slaw (for pulled pork)
1 cup sugar (can use Splenda and can use less)
1 tsp. salt
⅔ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. celery seeds
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup vinegar (white or apple cider)

In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.  Simmer, frequently stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.  Cool slightly, then pour over the cole slaw mix.  Toss well and chill before serving.

This was from my birthday meal - which included Baked Mac n cheese (I made my IP mac n cheese then baked it in the oven), Shonda's green beans, and Susan's pulled pork (can't publish that recipe... but trust me it is delicious!)  :)  Pretty darn good meal if I do say so myself!!  :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!