Saturday, August 1, 2020

Smothered Pork Chops

This recipe was written for the crockpot, but I often make any crockpot recipes in my old Pampered Chef stoneware combo.  I love the texture that remains when I used it instead of the crockpot.  But I still have that 'dump it and go' ease.  

Smothered Pork Chops
4 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch slices
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
2 bay leaves
1 ½ Tbsp. brown sugar, divided
6 bone-in pork chops - about 8 oz. each.  

I cooked the bacon in the oven and then cooked and dried on paper towels.  I mixed together the chicken broth, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and poured it into the stoneware baking bowl.  Then I added the pork chops and the bay leaves.  Finally added the crumbled bacon over the top, then put the lid on the stoneware combo and baked at 375 degrees for 1 ½ hours.  I kept it in the oven at 250 degrees for awhile after that (we weren't quite ready to eat supper).  It was perfect!

I found this recipe on The Cookie Rookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!