Sunday, August 2, 2020

Seafood Potato Casserole

So I was going to make Seafood stuffed baked potatoes.  But that didn't work out quite like I imagined.  Soooo... I created this recipe and it was quite good.  You can find the original recipe here...

Here is what I did...
I cooked several potatoes in the Instant Pot.  I put the potatoes on the trivet in the IP and added 1 cup water.  Then cooked on Manual High for 25 minutes with a 5 minute natural pressure release.  Then released the remaining pressure and took the potatoes out.  I scooped out the insides and mixed them with and 8 oz. block of cream cheese (softened), garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.  Then set that mixture aside. 

I had bought a bag of frozen seafood at Aldi.  It included shrimp, scallops, mussels and calamari.  I thawed them a bit in a bowl, then added seasonings... 1 tsp. cajun seasoning, 2 tsp. crab/shrimp boil, 2 tsp. onion powder, 2 tsp. garlic powder, and a little salt & pepper.  I melted a few Tbsp. butter in a skillet and then sautéed the seasoned seafood for about 4 minutes.  

I removed the cooked seafood to a clean bowl, and drained the liquid from the skillet into a glass measuring cup for reserve.  Then I melted a few more Tbsp. butter in that skillet and stirred in about 4 Tbsp. Wondra flour.  Cooked for a few minutes until lightly browned.  Then added in the reserved liquid from cooking the seafood and whisk.  Then added in about ¾ cup white wine and 1 ¾ cups half and half.      Bring to a low simmer while whisking.  When it starts to thicken add in the following cheeses (amount of your choice...)  I added ½ cup shredded mozzarella, ⅓ cup shredded Monterey Jack, ⅔ cup cubed Velveeta cheese, and ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese.  Remove from heat.    

Place the potato skins in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.  Spread the potato/cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the potato skins.  Then pour the cheesy seafood 'sauce' over the top.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned on top.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!