Wine night was great fun! I thought I didn't really like Pinot Noir, based mainly on the last time we did Pinot Noir in November 2018. What I don't like is cheap Pinot Noir. :D ha! I think moderately priced Pinot Noir could be soaring to the top for me!!
The holidays meant we had a smaller group this time. But that made it easy to set up the table! Joelean brought Melanie, who was in town visiting, and I was so delighted to see her!
I cannot believe it still, but I completely forgot to take any photos of the food this month! How on earth did I manage that? It was all SO yummy and paired so well with the wine. Of course, Pinot Noir is considered perhaps the best overall food pairing wine - so that makes sense. I guess I'll just post the photos of the wines we tasted. I had 5 of the 10 that were top tier in my rating system! That may be a record! And my lowest score was still drinkable at a 1-2. Pretty good, I'd say!
This German Pinot Noir was outstanding! Several of us ordered more bottles!
This was the Ringer for the month - a Beaujolais Gamay - also delicious!
New Zealand Pinot Noir
Pinot Noir from Argentina
a lovely Burgundy
Cote-d'or Burgundy
California Pinot Noir aged in brandy barrels
California Pinot Noir
California Pinot Noir - wins prettiest label!!
California Pinot Noir
Jackson dropped by to pick up tables for Brianna to use the next day at a craft fair. We hardly noticed him - or Jonathan helping! :D ha!
I am always intrigued by the variations in color across a varietal. It is fun to pour them out in these little shot glasses to really assess the differences. (then the favorites usually get drunk at the end! Notice the German Pinot Noir (#1) is already gone in this photo! ha!
Here are the videos we watched after the tasting...
Everything you need to know about Pinot Noir
Wine Folly - Oregon versus Burgundy Pinot Noir
Georges Duboeuf | Episode 2 - Beaujolais, What & Where
(this is about the Ringer for the month, Gamay)
Pinot Noir around the world - Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan
The Best Red Wines for Beginners - Pinot Noir
Scene from Sideways - "Why are you so into Pinot?"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!