This was the 2nd part of our full and lovely
'holiday festivities' day. Two carloads of us traveled to Callao to see the
Latchford Christmas lights. We used to go see the big light display when the boys were little and it was still at the original
Lindsey family farm near Newark. I remember the Lindsey family first created the big display to honor their daughter, Nancy, who was killed in a car accident coming home from NMSU at Thanksgiving. :( The Latchford family has been able to continue the tradition and make it even bigger. Truly, this was a beautiful wonderland of lights and excitement and it was SO much fun to watch Maverick encounter it and enjoy it fully. Can't wait to take him back next year!!
 |
| entry to the Latchford Lights |
 |
Right off the bat, Mav thought this was fantastic! He was watching it as it moved and just laughing! |
 |
He was so excited to see all the light and was just taking it all in. Mav and his parents were leading the way... |
 |
| Jennifer, Hannah and Zac behind... |
 |
| Jonathan beside me. :) |
 |
| they have many interactive things for little ones to operate |
This was fantastic! This walkway shone those little spotlights down and Mav was dancing around in them, trying to catch them, outrun them, and just generally having a wonderful experience. Zac started dancing around with him, too. So cute! (I have video of this posted below.)
Maverick sure does have a pretty Mama! And they both look quite happy... what did they spot?
Mickey and Minnie!! Maverick went right up and climbed on the bench beside them! He is not afraid of anything! I was chuckling and told Jackson that he would have already been back at the parked car. Jackson laughed and agreed and said, "this boy has no sense'. hahahaha!!!
Ha! You can see the glee on their faces here - especially Jackson. I was backing up to take a group photo when I suddenly realized I was almost touching Frosty the Snowman sitting quietly on a bench behind me. Yikes! I had not noticed at all! They laughed when I noticed and then visibly jumped! :D
 |
| Dear Jennifer is laughing, but trying to do so politely. Got to love her for that. ;) ha! |
But I did get a great photo! And this is the moment that Maverick noticed Frosty the Snowman for himself! The live version of this photo is wonderful - you can see and hear Mav make this grand discovery! ;)
 |
Our wonderful group for the evening... Jennifer, Zac, Hannah, Jonathan, Jackson, Brianna, Maverick
|
And then Maverick spotted Thomas the tank engine. That was all she wrote - he wanted to see that train!
And dear Frosty accompanied him. Frosty ended up spending quite a bit of time with Mav - so very, very sweet. And Maverick loved every minute of it!
I believe we spent the most time with the Thomas display out of the whole evening - such a happy little guy!
 |
| this light up Santa was pretty cool, too :) |
This was funny... Mav thought all the fences were just things to go under. I mean, that is how it works at home, right? :) His Mama is fast, though - he never made it through any of them. :D
This was a neat place - this arbor with all the lights so it is really bright - a perfect photo op. They are pretty savvy... :)
 |
| What is Mav so concerned about?... |
 |
...ha! Looks like Mrs. Claus has a bit of a problem - but Santa and the reindeer are helping her out! :) |
 |
The log chain is hooked up to this old Allis Chalmers stuck 'in the mud'. The sleigh will pull them out. Mav was glad of that! Pretty funny display! |
 |
| ending where we started... Mav didn't want to leave! :) |
Here is a whole album of photos from this evening - such fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!