Apple Crumble with Crema and Granola
This is a quick and easy dessert idea that can be adjusted for each individual person's taste preference. You start by frying some apples in a skillet with butter, cinnamon plus spice blend (like pumpkin pie spice blend), plus more cinnamon and nutmeg. (I never measure, just use what looks right to you.) Note - I don't add sugar - the apples are sweet enough. But if you want it sweeter you could add some brown sugar when cooking.
Then place the apples in a bowl and drizzle with Crema. After you drizzle the apples with the Crema, top with the granola of your choice. This is where personal tastes can be different. When I have served this I put out several bags of granola and let people 'build their own bowl'. Some examples of granola we have used include a sugar free version, gluten free version, with fruit, with nuts, etc. Again, this is a simple and delicious (and fairly healthy) dessert that everyone seems to enjoy.
(Crema, or Mexican Table Cream, is my new favorite thing... I use this on roasted cabbage, on tacos, with fruit, and in this dish, just to name a few ways. I buy the bottle at Walmart... https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cacique-Crema-Mexicana-Fresh-Table-Cream-15-oz-Jar/10451930)
| here are some of the granola choices we have had... |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!