Monday, September 6, 2021

Missouri State Fair 2021

Most of us were unable to attend the Missouri State Fair this summer.  We are all looking forward to our return in 2022 and already have the dates marked on our calendars!  However, we were so glad that Jackson, Brianna, and Maverick were able to take our camper down and spend a few days.  And cousin Julie and her grandkids enjoyed some time there in their campsite, as well.  Jim and Lucy were able to use one of our campsites and stayed the whole fair!  So we felt good that traditions were continuing on.  I especially loved receiving photos from people.  It helped me feel like I was enjoying the fair right alongside of them.  I'm going to share those photos here as a visual record and reminder of the fun that was had - and as a hopeful sign pointing toward next years fair.  :)

Dear Jim sent me the bulk of these photos below and I deeply appreciated it.  This first one made my heart soar.  Even in a rainstorm, this view makes me so happy!  There is nothing quite like gazing out on the lights of the swine barn!  :D  


This one shows J&B&M in our Eagle (far left), then cousin Julie, then Jim & Lucy.

Jackson sent this photo of Maverick - be still my heart!!!! 

Thanks to dear cousin Liz for sending this photo of the butter cow at Gerken dairy center -
if only ice cream could come through the phone, too!  :) 

what fun is this??  Cousin Julie sent these photos of Maverick and Kooper...

these two cousins (our grandsons) have many fairs
ahead of them to get to know one another better...

I just love these!  ha!




Jim sent all the rest of the photos - they made my day each time I received one.  

Military appreciation ceremony in Mathewson Center on Sunday afternoon

Dave Perryman  & The Country Revue at Ditzfield

Pretty big!   In the Ag building.

Helen Russell @ Ditzfield after the rain

I love this view, too

sunset over the fair

Dave Perryman again!

Jim knows how much I always look forward to the Senior Missouri Waltz dance contest each year - held on Wednesday of the fair in Mathewson.  Unfortunately, this year it was not held (I imagine due to covid) but he did manage to find me some square dancers in Mohler Hall.  :D 


Back at Ditzfield with the Farnum family!

Tractor parade!

Beach Boys concert

ha!  Jim's caption was "The guy in front of me at the concert."  :D


at the gypsy horse show

Ragtime @ Ditzfield!

I laughed out loud when I received this one...
Jim's comment - "walmart  :D"

Leroy Van Dyke

Rhonda & the Rage!

Prof. Farquar

13  six horse hitches!

cloggers at Ditzfield Stage

Jim said this was a new lawnmower  :D

Thank you to all who sent photos - I truly appreciated them!  And special thanks to Jim & Lucy for letting me tag along during your fair visit through the photos and texts.  We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!