Monday, September 6, 2021

Random August

Random things from August that didn't make their way into other posts.  

This was August 3 and it was far too cold to get into the pool (about 70 degrees!).  But it was perfect weather for sitting on the patio.  


Marvin was working on trying to get the part off his big wheel trimmer to replace it - but it is just fused on.  :( 



Wasn't the sky beautiful that day?  And quite unusual!



August 7 - I had some visitors while I was in the pool.  :) 


Love these guys so much...




Our neighbor, Alan, came to rake and bale the 40 acres.  His father-in-law came with him to drive one of the tractors.  Sure do appreciate this nice, young family moving into the 'neighborhood'.  




They are out there baling the 40 - such a pretty view (from my pool) :D






Hannah sent this photo - I just love it.  She is sitting by Mama's capstone in the Magruder Hall Brick Plaza.  



My view on a lovely (but cool) evening on the patio in my favorite lounge chair.  Love the soft light at this time of night.  



Daddy has enjoyed having visitors join him for coffee or even breakfast!  Heinz and Daddy have been friends a long time - so glad they could get together.  And thankful to Dawn for facilitating 'Willis Creek Diner'!  :) 


Daddy and 'Dean Maggie' also had a wonderful visit.  Daddy is surrounded by many good folks who lift his spirits.  We are so thankful for all.  


There have been several visitors I haven't gotten a photo of - I have been slacking!  :) 

Then there is this... Kerry dropped the keys to Susanna's car off in the overnight drop box of their local mechanic shop one evening only to learn the next morning that the box had been destroyed and the car stolen!  After a series of exciting phone calls and updates, the car was located in an apartment parking lot with the man still sleeping inside.  And as you can see, the car was in the process of being spray painted black... so now Susanna has a very unique looking vehicle!  But at least they got it back!  





Jackson riding Bella, leading Jo, to the octagonal pen

peaceful nighttime view from the porch (while Goose goes potty)  :D


And now further proof that I am really slacking and need to improve!  I had 3 different gatherings where I only took one photo or even NO photos!  What???  At least at the first gathering I got this picture of Brenda holding what may well be the last sockoozie!  Brenda said Matt has switched to a different kind of water container and so their 'famous sockoozies' are becoming a thing of the past.  :)  ha! 



Daddy walking up to the horse barn - we have surely come a long way this summer.  So very thankful!



two fine men

Okay - gathering #2 - this cooler is the only photo I took for wine club pool party - and I only took it to send out to show how much ice to bring!  ha!


I never tire of the views out here at Willis Creek Ranch...


And finally, the last gathering.  I love these beautiful flowers that dear Sheryl brought to me at our Bible study pool party.  But again, no other photos were taken.  I hereby resolve to get on it and do better!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!