Saturday, September 11, 2021

Salisbury Steak Meatballs over noodles




Salisbury Steak Meatballs over noodles
I used this recipe as my main guide for this dish...
https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11479/salisbury-steak-meatballs/

However I used frozen meatballs.  To the frozen meatballs I added the following...
1 onion, diced
2½ cups beef broth, divided (I use Better Than Bouillon Beef plus water)
1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. ketchup
2 tsp. ground mustard
2 tsp. garlic powder

Sautéed the butter briefly in a little butter (or oil) then added the meatballs.  Combined the other ingredients in a bowl (using only 2 cups of beef broth at this point) then poured into the skillet with onions and meatballs.  Stirred all together then covered with lid and let simmer for about 5 minutes.  Add 2 Tbsp. cornstarch to the remaining ½ cup beef broth and stir to combine.  Then add, while stirring, into the hot skillet.  Stir while it comes to a low boil to thicken - about 5 more minutes.  When all is heated through and the sauce is slightly thickened, turn off the heat and let sit for a few minutes.  Serve over egg noodles.  

I prefer Fazio's frozen meatballs from Aldi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!