Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Smoothies 2

I have been enjoying experimenting making smoothies in my Instant Pot blender.  This thing is a wonderful machine!  Really powerful!  I have not yet used the heat version, but look forward to trying out making soups in the future.  I always trust Instant Pot brand and they are always top quality. 

Here are two smoothies I have made so far - more combos coming in the future, for sure!  And the great thing about smoothies is you can just throw in whatever you have on hand.  :)

Berry Smoothie
This was a real hodgepodge... I had leftovers of frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries), frozen pitted cherries, then added some frozen banana (about 1½ banana equivalent), a large handful of fresh spinach, some Noosa honey yogurt, some regular milk, about ¼ to ⅓ cup flax seed meal.  Press the Smoothie button the blender and let it go.  That is all you have to do!  This blender really does make the perfect smoothie consistency. 






This one just had a bag of Great Value frozen fruit (pineapple, peach, mango, strawberry), some frozen banana (probably about 1½ equivalent) and some coconut milk (a fair amount - but I just poured it in until it looked right)  Very tasty.  Maverick enjoyed it a lot.  :) 



2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of an instant pot BLENDER, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still learning how to do other things besides smoothies in it... there is a learning curve (especially if I haven't yet read the manual! ha!) But boy, does it make an amazing smoothie! I did use it to make protein pancake batter the other day, but accidentally hit a button that heated it (like when you would make soup) and that was not what I intended to do! sigh... going to have to pull that manual out and read it for sure... :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!