Monday, October 25, 2021

Veggie Skillet with Quinoa

Veggie Skillet with Quinoa

This is kind of an expanded version of the Sauteed spinach and mushrooms.  

I cut up a yellow summer squash and added in a bag of frozen mushrooms (it was all I had - can use fresh, of course).  Add in pepper, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce to taste.  Then added a bag of frozen butternut squash (that I rinsed and drained) and a whole bag of baby spinach that I had mostly de-stemmed.  Put lid on skillet for just a few minutes to let the spinach wilt and the squash heat through. 

Meanwhile, I made quinoa (used tri color) with chicken broth (could use vegetable broth).  When the quinoa was cooked I added it to the whole skillet and stirred together.  Added a bit more teriyaki for flavor and moisture.  

Note - I used 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and then browned in a skillet before cooking with broth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!