Thursday, October 28, 2021

Aasha Lee

Back mid-September I had the pleasure of driving Julie to meet Diane halfway between home and the airport.  Diane took her the rest of the way and Julie flew out to visit James and Rojina.  While it is always exciting to get to visit them, this was a very special trip.  Julie was arriving a few days before Rojina's due date... hoping to get to meet her new granddaughter while there.  

Julie and Diane - transferring for the 2nd half of the trip to the airport.

Julie has landed!  :) 

While waiting they got to enjoy dinner at a beachside restaurant in the beautiful sunshine.  Not too shabby!  :) 





Sure enough, dear Aasha Lee soon made her grand entrance!  I am so in love with her name... it is beautiful and so meaningful.  Aasha is Nepali for 'Hope' and Lee was Mama's middle name.  That is just perfect.  I love her name and will call her by her full name forever!!  Aasha Lee just rolls off the tongue - so pretty, like her!  


I love this photo of my sister meeting her granddaughter for the very first time.  💜



We were able to have a quick zoom with them in preparation for a larger family zoom to come.  I was so excited to get to see Aasha Lee and congratulate Rojina and James!!



What a cutie pie!


And oh, this picture of James - such joy!



We got to have another zoom with more of the family a few days later.  Maverick had been napping but we woke him up to 'meet' his new little cousin.  He wasn't too sure at first (could have just been he was still quite literally groggy!)  Ha!  But he warmed up to the idea and even pointed at her and talked.  I love that they are fairly close in age - they can be great buddies growing up.  







Sweet photo 



Strong little girl - holding her head up already!  :) 



What a beautiful family!




So glad that Anna was able to fly out to be with them, too.  Aunt Anna looks pretty happy - and so does Aasha Lee.  :) 


We are so thankful for this new addition to our family.  And we are so proud of James and Rojina - they are wonderful parents.  We so look forward to meeting Aasha Lee soon... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!