September 25, 2021
We enjoyed a full day of visitors on this particular Saturday. We started our morning with a surprise visit from this little fella and his Daddy. A good way to start the day, indeed!
 |
| I love his little cowboy boots. |
Our AppleTV was acting a little wonky so Marvin was back behind the TV working on it. He kept finding Maverick's pit balls and throwing them out at him.
Maverick decided to help GranGran. He is handing his yellow egg shaped crayon back to GranGran after he found THAT behind the TV, too. :)
 |
| good grief, he is so cute! |
 |
Helping GranGran again - this time he must really need this paper towel tube. :D |
Our next visitors came by Daddy's house. Brian and Nancy had more of the slides from the trip to Alaska to share. This time they brought along Chiara and sweet Edwin! What a little cutie-pie!!
 |
| Daddy holding Edwin |
 |
| getting to know one another |
 |
| Later we all went up to visit the weanlings. |
 |
| Brian saying hi to Sammi |
 |
| Sammi was saying hello to Edwin. :D |
 |
| Chloe was wanting a nibble of Chiara's ear. :D |
 |
| Brian, Nancy, Chiara, Edwin (and Luna wanting to get in the picture, too) |
That Saturday afternoon Megan dropped by since she was in town. She also got to meet the weanlings (they are very popular around here!) :D
 |
| Megan saying hi to Luna and Chloe |
 |
| Megan and Luna |
 |
| Megan and Luna |
After a quick supper I headed in to town for book club on Deb's back patio. A wonderful way to end a lovely day.
Laura, I love the photos of Maverick with Marvin and your Daddy. Maverick looks like he would be a blast to spend an afternoon playing with - my favorite one is him peeking around the TV at Marvin. RE book club - were you discussing several books? One theme? I'd love to hear more...I keep wanting to find a book club. Create a book club.
ReplyDeletegood questions about the book club. I am actually in two book clubs (and a Bible study and a wine club) :D The two book clubs are set up quite differently and I enjoy both very much. I should maybe even make a post about the various formats because they are neat ideas. This book club that was pictured in this post (hosted by my friend, Deb) is a non-fiction book club. We have one book a month that everyone reads and they have covered a variety of subjects. Those books you see on the table are a sampling of the books we have read over this past year. The one we just finished reading was The Library Book by Susan Orlean and it was so interesting! The other book club I am in is mostly fiction (but not all). We have 2 books each month under a theme (for instance, Southern Fiction, Historical Non-Fiction, Nature/Environment, Popular Fiction and this month which is Travelogue.) We can read one or both of the selections for the month - or if things are crazy - none - and still attend the meeting. :) I have read several books that I would not have normally picked up had they not been chosen for this book club. And I have enjoyed every single one of them. So I call that a great success! Does that answer your questions? Let me know if you have more... I am always happy to talk about books or my fun clubs! :) ha!
ReplyDelete