Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Pretty sky and one more storm...

Yes, I guess I am obsessed with the sky around here.  I can't help but take photos and video of the sky whether it be storming or just stunning.  I love living out here at Willis Creek Ranch and am so thankful for the beautiful landscape and view of the sky that we have.  Here are some photos from a recent evening that was so soft and pastel - and also another recent storm.  This particular storm came out of nowhere on a day when no rain/storm was predicted.  It carried 60 mph winds and did a little damage here at the house, although we have since repaired it.  The last week we have settled down a bit with storms (finally).  Can you believe Marvin and I actually said this morning that we could stand a little rain??  :D











And here came that storm out of nowhere...








The colors of this storm were quite vivid... gray, green and blue.



no filter - the sky looked different colors each direction


You can see the water coming OUT of the pool from that corner - splashing to the ground.
We had quite a wind whipping up at this point! 

Trees are blowing...






We heard a funny noise and headed upstairs to check it out.  From the upstairs bedroom we were watching the pool water tumble over the side.



And we discovered the cause of the noise - a piece of siding had come loose and was beating against the side of the house.  It never came completely off and Marvin and Jonathan were able to repair it a couple days later.  But that was quite a wind storm!!


you can just see the piece of siding blowing loose
looking out the window upstairs

Yes, I even have video.  :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!