Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Bluegrass Gospel Sunday

Another wonderful Sunday!  I love my church and encourage any who are looking for a church home to come join us any Sunday morning.  You won't regret it.

Any month that has a 5th Sunday is Bluegrass Gospel Sunday at our church.  So June 30 was our most recent Bluegrass Gospel Sunday.  What a marvelous morning of music and worship.  The scripture readings and the music were meaningful and uplifting.

The first song I got recorded (I missed recording the very first song they performed) was Precious Memories.  That is one of Daddy's (and all of ours) favorite songs.  Later in the service Jennifer read from Psalm 121 - "I lift up my eyes to the hills.  From where does my help come?"  That is definitely one of Mama's (and all of ours) favorite verses.  You might remember the love of that verse comes down to us from my Grandmother.  Then the group sang one specific song that Mama would hear in the evening on the radio as a small child growing up on the Wyoming homestead... "Life's Railway to Heaven".  At night the radio stations were able to send their signal out further and she could listen in to a station from Del Rio, Texas.



Franz, Marcy, Scott, Hannah, Bob, Debbie





The group played a song that Mama had requested... this photo below is taken just as Daddy and Mama were sitting down from giving them a standing ovation after the song.  :D




Anna and Matthew had come to town to attend a wedding and were able to be with us for church that morning.  All were invited to dance during the last song, "I'll Fly Away" and dear Anna and Matthew obliged.  :)




Family photo after church - special time.



Glad to have Zac in this group.  :)
Anna, Matthew, Jonathan, Julie, Mama, Hannah, Zac, Daddy, Marvin, Laura

Anna and Matthew checking out the instruments that had been passed among the pews.  :) 


Our wonderful Bluegrass Gospel group

Marcy, Hannah, Franz, Debbie, Bob, Scott

After church we had lunch together at Mama and Daddy's house.  Mama told a few stories for Zac.  :)  Wonderful stuff!




Jackson and Brianna were able to drop by for a bit.


Jonathan, Hannah, Zac, Brianna, Jackson 

Later in the afternoon, Jackson and Brianna, along with Tyler and Taylor, enjoyed some time in the pool.






A wonderful day!

You can hear a short story from Mama at this link...
https://vimeo.com/347233217


And here is the full Bluegrass Gospel program.  (except for that first song I missed!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!