For this post I am using photos that were taken by Mike on the trip. So glad he took a lot of wonderful photos to commemorate the event!
![]() |
| They left very early in the morning on that Saturday. |
![]() |
| Uncle Charles |
![]() |
| Uncle Charles and Mike |
![]() |
| Good job, Mike! A wonderful guardian!! |
When they arrived in Washington D.C. they were able to meet up with John, another grandson who lives in that area. Marvelous!
![]() |
| Uncle Charles with 2 grandsons - Mike and John |
![]() |
| Uncle Charles and Mike |
![]() |
| John and Uncle Charles |
![]() |
| Uncle Charles with Mike and John |
![]() |
| Late night arrival back home to a beautiful crowd of people - what a welcome home! |
![]() |
| Aunt Ilene and Noah were there to greet them. :) |
![]() |
| Noah gave Uncle Charles a ride directly to the door of the house so he wouldn't have to climb any steps after his long day. |
![]() |
| Noah honoring his Papa. :) |
This is just a sampling of the photos they took that memorable day. Thanks to Mike for allowing me to share them here. And I want to end with Mike's own words about the day. I think they are perfect.
I have a lot good memory's from the Honor flight this past Saturday but the one that's hard to beat is the one when we landed in Fort Dodge and I helped my grandpa to the terminal. When the announcer read grandpas name and branch the crowd cheered and out of the crowd my boy Noah came running out and said daddy daddy and gave me a big jumping hug, and then hugged his papa. I had two other vets I escorted to their family's as well. All the thank you's from their family's for taking care of their loved ones. It was pretty powerful stuff. In my mind it was a job. A job I feel very blessed to be a part of. I took pride and responsibility to take care of my Vets, and also any Vet. To make sure they made it there and back safely. I made a promise to my self to try my best to keep in touch with them. One more thing that was very touching is that one of my Vets at the end teared up just a bit when he said to me thank you for everything that you did. I told him it was my honor to be a part of this. Then I told him thank you for your service to this country I will always remember it for the rest of my life. Make sure you thank a Vet! Thank you to everyone that was a part of this honor flight here at home and the ground team in DC!
--Mike M.





















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!