Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Camping at Table Rock Lake

This is the first of four posts about our trip to Table Rock Lake/Silver Dollar City.

We have enjoyed attending World Fest at Silver Dollar City for many years now.  We first started going when the boys were young and went pretty much every year up until last year when each scheduled trip to Silver Dollar City had to be canceled at the last minute.  So, it was with great joy that we packed up the camper and headed south again at the end of April.  I missed that place so much!  :)

This year dear Rojina was able to join us, which made the trip even more special.  Marvin, Jonathan, Rojina, and I headed down a day before Mama and Daddy.  (Daddy had to stay to teach his Chemistry class at MACC.)   I think Rojina enjoyed the trip down to Branson and Table Rock Lake as much as we do.  She was definitely able to take in some new and different scenery along the way.

Once we got set up at Table Rock Lake campground we took a little drive into Branson to pick up a new coffee carafe (ours had broken en route) and to show Rojina 'the strip' - Hwy. 76 through Branson.  That was definitely different than anything she had seen before!  I wish we had taken photos but we didn't.  However, she got a kick out of seeing The Titantic, the Ripley's Believe it or Not building, and the big rooster sticking out of the chicken restaurant.   :)  We ended up having dinner at Olive Garden, another first for Rojina (and a favorite for the rest of us!)  Rojina and I both had the portobello mushroom ravioli.  Yum!



When we got back to the campsite, Rojina and I took a walk along the trail that runs beside the lake.  It was almost too dark to really get any good quality photos, but we tried.  It was such a beautiful, peaceful walk along the lake.

Rojina on the little bridge

the marina at Table Rock Lake

the sunset on the water was beautiful

Rojina at Table Rock Lake


The next day we welcomed Mama and Daddy to their campsite right next to us.  This is one of my great joys - being able to camp alongside them.  I love it so much!

Mama and Daddy have arrived!

we are camped right beside them

Rojina making hot tea for Mama and Daddy 

Jonathan, Mama, Rojina, and Daddy 

Mama and Daddy camped next door

We then enjoyed several fun-filled days at World Fest at Silver Dollar City.  The weather was absolutely perfect for our entire visit!  Rojina also fell in love with Silver Dollar City and it was so much fun to introduce her to one of our favorite places.

I am posting our 'heading home' photos here, too.  They seem to go with this post better than with the upcoming World Fest posts.  :)

We were in different campsites this time around... #130

and #131

they were quite roomy!

at the truck stop along I-44 on the way home

at Home Sweet Home!


In the next few posts I will highlight the various shows and activities we enjoyed at World Fest.

You can see an album with all the photos from the trip by clicking this link.


5 comments:

  1. I'm quite interested in your parents 5th wheel. I don't think I've seen one quite like it. I love that you camp together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they pull a horse trailer with living quarters. It is quite unique in that we can carry 4 horses in it, or 2 horses and a wagon that they pull, or it can be power washed and they lay down a rug and then put stuff in it so it is a '18 foot porch'. Because it is built to carry horses, there is just about no weight limit. They have carried 2 recliners, a dresser, floor lamps, table, all kinds of stuff!! :D The front part has a bed, dinette, bathroom and small kitchen. A door connects the front and the back areas. Pretty nifty and works well for our family since it is a double use - horses or people! :)

      Delete
    2. Here is a link to the company that made Mama and Daddy's horse trailer with living quarters. http://www.exiss.com/living-quarters_horse-trailer/

      There are many more companies out there, but this is the one they chose. That horse trailer is now about 16 years old and still looks sharp. They are made to last!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Laura. I pinned it. I like the toy haulers because you can do so much with the space....make it fit you. LOL Michael found another 2008 with a triple bunk - waiting to hear from the dealer. I'm sad to lose the wall space I wanted to hang canvas on. LOL I love our trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you all can find a rig that works well for you. Exciting times ahead! I am serious... let me know if you cross this general direction. We can try to meet you at a state park or wherever. :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!