Saturday, May 30, 2015

Random May


Here is a random catchup of our month - stuff that hasn't made it to the blog any other way.  :D

I was making communion bread for church when I noticed that the loaves just wouldn't finish baking.  I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I thought perhaps the weather had something to do with it - but after an hour I realized it was more than weather!  That is when I finally realized that, duh, the stove just wasn't heating properly.  In fact, the bottom coil in the oven was completely cold.  Great.  Not only did I have to throw out all 5 loaves of bread, my oven was kaput.  However, when my dear parents heard about this dilemma, they surprised me by taking me to pick out a brand new oven for my birthday (coming up next month).  Wasn't that the sweetest thing?  I just love my new oven!  And now that I have used it a couple of days I am realizing that the stovetop on the old oven didn't even work well.  Perhaps this has been some of the cause of my frustration these last months at my inability to cook anything correctly?

out with the old...

... and in with the new!  Thank you so much Mama and Daddy!!


Julie, Marvin, and I decided it would be nice to have dinner together at King's Buffet with all our 'kids'.  A very nice evening together.  Love all of them so much!

Jonathan, Marvin, Julie, Matthew, Anna, Rojina, Jackson, Brianna

I convinced Marvin to buy a new western sport coat for the wedding.  He is going to look so nice!  :)




A few ladies gathered for lunch to celebrate Chris's birthday (a few days late).  It just so happened that Jeremy was also having lunch there with some folks so he had the opportunity to wish Chris well.  :)


Ally, Elizabeth, Susie, Laura, Jasmin, Gwen, Chris, Maddy

and some of us went for dessert afterward...  :D

Memorial Day was filled with much family time and time for reflection.  We always remember...



Rojina's first BBQ - a veggie burger and
lots of traditional side dishes.

Our first grill out of the season.




And finally, these ladies are tremendous!  What a blessing to have friends like these.  :)

Rojina, Julie, Alicia, Deb, Kelly, Susan

The amazing Susan 'just throwing together' a tasty lunch.  :)

1 comment:

  1. So many things to love about this post....the flag shot....the new oven....can't wait to see Marvin's Wedding duds.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!