My cousin, Lavonne, has talked about the tasty bologna that can be purchased at a special meat market in Pella. She told me that the next time she went she would pick some up for me. Last weekend she texted to say she was up there for the Tulip Festival and how many rolls of bologna did I want? We texted back and forth a bit then I told her that maybe she would run into Rojina, Anna, and Matthew since they were also in Pella for the tulip festival. However, the tulip festival is pretty crowded and I wasn't totally sure they would find each other. A little later she called to let me know there were also some yummy teriyaki beef sticks that I might want. As I was talking to her I heard her say, "Well, there goes Anna now!" She hollered out the door at Anna (and Rojina & Matthew) but Anna didn't recognize her right away and figured she must be calling someone else. I had to chuckle as I heard it all play out over my phone - Lavonne calling to Anna alerting her that she is family! :) I told them to be sure and take a picture for me! Happily, they gathered in the meat market and sent me this photo. I love it! (And I really DO love that bologna and the beef sticks! I should have purchased more!!)


we were there too! had a buttered bologna sandwich - it think it needed some Gouda cheese :)
ReplyDeleteYum! Anna said she had a bologna, smoked Gouda, and fried egg sandwich up there and it was delicious!!!
Delete