Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Shepherd's Pie

This is an old family favorite from when I was growing up right to present day.  This is pure comfort food.  

Shepherd's Pie
Brown ground beef in skillet.  I chop up an onion and usually some celery to brown with it.  Drain any remaining grease.  Add seasoning... salt, pepper, some garlic powder, onion powder. Then add 1 or 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (to your desired consistency).  You can also brown mushrooms with the ground beef and onion/celery mixture - I like that but my fellas never have.  Pour this creamy beef mixture into your baking pan. 

Meanwhile, boil chunked, peeled potatoes in a pot with water and salt. When potatoes are cooked, drain water.  Add some butter and milk, salt & pepper, and whip them up.  Then spoon them over the ground beef mixture in your pan.  Cover and bake for about 30 minutes at 375.  Then uncover and bake about 10-15 minutes more or until everything is hot nad bubbly clear through.  




Served here with biscuits plus Sauteed spinach and mushrooms.  Yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!