Friday, December 14, 2018

Mushroom Risotto (IP)

I made this for Wine Club in November.  It was good and I will make it again, for sure.



Mushroom Risotto in the Instant Pot
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. butter, divided
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
16 - 24 oz. bella mushrooms, sliced  (I used the larger amount)
1 ½ cups arborio rice
3 cups chicken broth (I used better than bouillon chicken plus water)
1 cup white wine (you can use chicken broth)
1 cup grated parmesan cheese  (I used shredded Parmesan)
1 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Set Instant Pot to Saute.  Heat olive oil and 2 Tbsp. butter.  Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.  Mix in mushrooms and rice and saute for a few minutes more.  (let those mushrooms cook down for more flavor)  Pour in chicken broth and wine and scrape the bottom of pan to release any cooked on bits.  Turn off Saute, put lid on and set vent to seal.  Cook at High Pressure for 7 minutes.  Quick release the pressure when done.  Remove lid and mix in the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter, the Parmesan cheese, and the parsley, salt, & pepper.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!