Friday, March 17, 2017

Roasted Cabbage with Bacon


So yummy!  And you can adapt this recipe any number of ways using various veggies.  (Like I did here...)



Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
1 head green or Savoy cabbage, outer leaves removed
olive oil
salt and pepper
4 slices thick bacon (6-8 oz.)

Heat the oven to 450 degrees.  Cut the cabbage into quarters and slice the bottom of each quarter at an angle to partially remove the stem core.  Cut each quarter in half again so you end up with 8 wedges.  Lay the wedges on a large baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Cut each slice of bacon in half and lay a strip across each cabbage wedge.  

Roast for 30 minutes, flipping the cabbage wedges once halfway through cooking time if you like.  (I don't flip mine)  I finished with a quick broil to crisp up the bacon.  This was even good the next day as leftovers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!