Friday, March 17, 2017

Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower


This is a variation on a recipe that I made a few weeks ago.  However, I liked the basic premise of the original recipe and realized I could adapt it in many ways.  Here is one version...



Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Cauliflower
Brussels Sprouts 
Cauliflower
I used a bag of fresh brussels sprouts from Aldi, but will also feel free to use frozen in the future.  Same goes for the cauliflower.  This time I used a bag of frozen cauliflower florets, but will certainly feel free to use fresh in the future.  
Olive oil
4-6 thick slices of bacon (6-8 oz)
Salt & Pepper

Note - the original recipe used a head of cabbage.  
Heat the oven to 450 degrees.  Cut the hard end off the brussels sprouts.  Place the brussels sprouts and cauliflower in a large bowl.  Drizzle with the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Chop the bacon into small pieces and mix in.

Pour contents onto sheet pan and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through baking time.  If the edges aren't browned to your taste, you can add more minutes or finish with a quick Broil.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!