Sunday, March 12, 2017

Chocolate Covered Cherry Dump Cake


I made a couple of new recipes to take to the Cornerstone Fundraiser.  Why I do that, I will never know (make new recipes to take to events).  But, I did end up liking each recipe.  This was my favorite of the two.  (The other will be posted momentarily.)

It doesn't look all that great in the photo, partly because the melted butter on the top makes it cook up sort of light gray/brown on top.  But, it was gooey, chocolatey & yummy and definitely passed the taste test.  :)



Chocolate Covered Cherry Dump Cake
1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tsp. almond extract
1 pkg. chocolate cake mix, dry (regular size box)
¾ cup pecan halves
1 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the pie filling, chocolate chips, and extract together.  Spread into a greased 9x13 baking dish.  Sprinkle with the cake mix and pecans.  Drizzle the whole thing with the melted butter - spreading evenly across the top.  (I drizzled very slowly and that helped me get it evenly spread.)  

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until top is set and filling is bubbly.  (Do not overbake.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!