Friday, December 20, 2019

Chancel Choir Christmas Cantata (and more!)

Sunday, December 8, 2019

I know I say it every week, but I love Sundays.  Church was wonderful - the Christmas Choir Cantata.  Beautiful music.  Then we had lunch at Mama and Daddy's house afterward.

Dear Rebecca leads this choir as well as the community choir (as well as the high school choir... as well as singing lead for Deadwood... and on and on and on!  We are all thankful for Rebecca!)




We got some nice photos of Megan and Hannah after church.



this crew was patiently waiting for us.  :D 

One more!  :)


Over lunch we were all excited to hear about Hannah and Zac's trip to KC to hear Handel's Messiah at the Kauffman Center.  What an experience that was for them!  They were even able to see cousin Joe for a few minutes after the concert.  (Joe was one of the singers in the choir)  They had a wonderful time and we sure enjoyed hearing about it and seeing their photos (sharing some below...)


Zac and Hannah outside the Kauffman Center


just look at that organ!

They spotted Joe!


So glad they were able to see Joe for a bit after the concert.  :) 

And just look at what I found on the Kansas City Symphony Chorus facebook page!  That is cousin Joe!!  Front and center in their photo for this very event!  Joe is such a wonderful guy - far too humble to ever let us know about this!!  But now I have it saved for posterity!  :D



P.S.  Some of you may remember my cousin, Joe, as one of the performers who did the benefit concert for the Olive McLorn house last year.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!