Friday, December 20, 2019

Cabaret

Shonda and I 'won' tickets to a Maples Rep event way back in February at the Celebrity Band Dinner.  The tickets were good for one of two nights... August 8 or December 12.  Since we knew I would be at the fair on August 8, we wrote December 12 down on our calendars and planned a girls night out.  At long last, that date arrived, and we were off.

I picked up Shonda early and we drove down to Macon.  Our first stop was the Ben Franklin store.  We spent some time browsing in there (there is SO much to look at!) and laughing at various cards.  (Some of them still make me laugh to think about!)  Then we went to eat supper at the Apple Basket Cafe.  We even splurged on pie.  As we were getting our pie another lady I knew from home was walking out and mentioned the dessert during intermission at the theater??  uh oh.  We didn't know about that but went ahead and finished our pie anyway.  Turns out, we are glad we got pie because we hadn't signed up for the dessert at intermission and so didn't get any!  :)

Then we headed to the theater.  We had good seats right in the middle.  We saw several folks we knew from home and enjoyed visiting with them.  Then the evening began.  It was a special event - a cabaret.  There were a few songs performed by various actors in plays at the theater.  The main event was a concert by a group called Blue Velvet.  I had never heard of them but they were very good.  And a special treat was when I recognized Katie as the bass player!  I didn't even know she played bass!  But there she was looking like she was having a great time!  And I just love what a bass player adds to a band!!  How fun!

When the evening was over it was time to head home.  But we were quite content.  It was a good evening.  Worth waiting all year for.  :)


There is Katie!  In the back right on the bass!

yay Katie!

Blue Velvet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!