I got home from the Truman visit in time to get things ready for December Wine Night. Donna drove up for this one which was nice.
Janet and Judy had these lovely surprises for me as thanks for hosting wine club. They sure didn't have to do that, but I really do love the gifts!! :) Janet made me a Christmas tree ornament that has strips of a cut up wine book inside. And to make it even better, she assured me that no actual books had been harmed in the making of the ornament!! She had photocopied the pages and used those!!! YES!!! A librarian speaking to my heart here!! :D Then Judy gave me my own insulated wine carrier - like the one she had that I loved so much. So very kind! Thank you, again, dear ladies!! And Janet, your ornament is the only ornament that is on my tree at this moment!!! :D
This month we tried something a little different. We decided to try a 'spirits' night. Judy's daughter created six different drinks for us to try. They were hidden in these coolers so that we would have to guess what was what. It was a fun change of pace!
Of course, we still had yummy food! :)
 |
| enchiladas, assortment of cheese, crackers, veggies |
There was a tasty buffalo chicken dip in there, too... but I'm not seeing a photo of it!
 |
Flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and whipped topping, fruit salad, crescent hotdogs, cheesecake |
 |
| ham and cheese sliders, dates filled with goat cheese and wrapped in prosciutto |
 |
| Dana, Andrea, Jennifer, Lisa, Melinda, Judy, Laura, Joelean, Barb, Megan, Donna, Janet |
 |
| Joelean, Barb, Lisa, Megan, Donna |
 |
| Janet, Dana, Andrea, Jennifer |
 |
| Melinda, Judy, Laura |
 |
| Lisa and Donna |
 |
| This was the list of holiday drinks we sampled. |
Next month starts a new year of wine club and we will be back to learning in depth about wines. I can't wait!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!