Friday, December 20, 2019

Visit to Truman

So Jonathan had an official visit to Truman last week.  It was kind of a funny feeling, to tell the truth! :)  But it was a very nice day made even more enjoyable by the neat young man who gave the tour.  Kyle was an interesting kid who is himself an Interdisciplinary Studies major so it was good to hear his thoughts about the program.  Jonathan is going to finish out his AA degree at MACC and then he will decide what he wants to do next.  He is a smart guy and has many options, but he is the one who has to decide what he really wants to do next.  I know without a doubt that he can do anything he chooses to do.  We are so very proud of him.

I went with him for the first half of the day and then later his Grandpa Jack joined in for the 2nd half of the activities.  I took a few photos, but remarkably, I don't think Daddy or Jonathan took any photos when I was gone.  Oh well.  :)

It was fun to walk around the admissions center and look at various historic displays on the walls.  A few of them really stuck out.  :D





I have always loved the mural on the top floor of the Student Union Building.  I remember when it was being painted.  We would check on its progress as it grew and grew down the hallway.  Fascinating painting still today.  I'm glad they have this display about it in the admissions center.

"September 1975–To commemorate the U.S. bicentennial celebration, 
Professor William Unger is commissioned by the University 
to paint a mural modeled off the artistic style of painter Thomas Hart Benton."








We had to stop and get a photo of Jonathan with 'his brick'
in the courtyard outside Magruder Hall.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!