You know that I am a huge fan of the Olive Gilbreath McLorn Historical Home... so I was super excited that my cousin, Joe, was able to come to town to perform a benefit concert for the house with his friend, Keith, on October 20. Not only did we get to hear them perform, we got to spend some time just hanging out together. We LOVED meeting Keith and his family. Keith and his daughter, Colleen, drove up with Joe on Friday evening and spent the night at Willis Creek Ranch. Saturday morning we all went to breakfast together at Rosie's Diner.
Joe, Colleen, Keith, Mama, Daddy, Marvin at Rosie's Diner
Joe, Keith, Mama, Daddy, Laura, Marvin
After breakfast I gave them all a brief tour of Kirksville, then Joe & Keith made their way to LaPlata to begin setting up for the concert. Colleen and I had a little time to visit then joined them at Olive's house.
It was a great concert!
Keith and Joe - 'Comfort Food'
This was a wonderful surprise!! Dear cousin Jane drove up from Lebanon just to hear the concert! What a great moment to see her walk in that door. :)
Joe and Jane
Sheryl's daughter, Layla, channeled her 'inner Olive' and welcomed the guests to the concert. 'Olive' made several appearances throughout the show to give details about her life. We all loved it!
I can't even begin to tell you how scrumptious those strawberry scones were!!!
Keith's wife, Donna, and another daughter, Erin, met up with us at Olive's house. What a fun family!
Erin and Colleen
cousins - Jane, Joe, Laura
This man enjoyed the concert so much.
It was a pleasure to watch his joy!
Layla as 'Olive'
Joe, Jane, Laura, Hannah, Keith
:D
Joe and Keith with the board
Colleen, Erin, and Donna
Keith, Erin, Donna, Colleen
Keith and Joe - 'Comfort Food'
After the concert we decided to go eat dinner at Take Root Cafe. I knew they would love it and they did! A wonderful end to a fantastic day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!