Earlier this month Marvin injured his ankle. Remember that Mama just did that in April? Seems to be a 'thing' for us here at Willis Creek Ranch! Poor Marvin couldn't even provide a cool story to go with the injury. He would have hoped for a bucking horse or something unique. Instead, he was sitting on the sofa when his foot fell asleep. When he stood up to move, it didn't, and he came down on it all twisted. He heard a loud pop and then felt the pain and swelling. He was down for several days, but amazingly, was able to carry on with only a brace, for the most part. He is still having some twinges of pain and by the end of each day it is swollen and he is tired. But, for the most part, he has recovered remarkably well.
Jonathan completed the first session of summer tennis and is now into the second session. This is a highlight of the summer for him. Jackson came by to watch Jonathan play in his end of session tournament.
Jonathan is also continuing with tennis lessons from Tyler and we simply cannot say enough good things about that! Tyler is a fantastic teacher and Jonathan really respects him.
One evening we all went out to dinner together then went to Home Depot. When I say 'all' I mean everyone who lives out here at Willis Creek Ranch. So, 4 vehicles (of course Jackson drove himself) and 3 households. We had to chuckle when we kept seeing people in the store who reacted to our entire family being there together. "You're ALL here?" was a common question we heard. We just replied that "We move in packs." :) It was especially funny when we had split up and the same people would run across each of us separately throughout the store. ha!
![]() |
| Jackson was sad that he no longer fits in the 'cool carts'. :) |
Jonathan began looking at paint chips for his bedroom redesign that we will be doing late summer/early fall for his birthday present. We were there to buy a new faucet for our kitchen sink after our old faucet broke and leaked all over the kitchen the day before. :)
I just love the wildflowers that bloom alongside our country road in the summer. It makes for such a pretty and cheerful drive.
And the neighbors cattle in the field always make me smile.
And the neighbors cattle in the field always make me smile.









I love the wildflowers, too--a real perk of this part of the country, I think. And that field is absolutely golden! I do hope everyone heals up completely and that there are no more injuries!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful wildflowers. I love seeing your home in the various seasons..... Catching up with you as I lost a month. LOL
ReplyDelete