Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wrapping up July

We sure have been busy the last couple weeks of July.  I will have several blog posts coming up about all kinds of things, but here is one final 'wrap-up' post for the month.  I just don't want to forget anything; even the 'little' things are special to me when I re-read them years later.  :)

the garden has recovered from the storms!

Daddy put this together for Julie in her garage - her birthday present.

Jonathan on his last day of summer tennis.  :)

Chris designed and built this cake/cupcake stand.  

Mama, Daddy, Uncle Charles, and Aunt Ilene took a 3 day riverboat cruise on the Mississippi in mid-July.  They had a wonderful time together.  Here are a few of Daddy's photos from the trip.

Riverboat on the Mississippi River

Mama, Ilene, Charles, Daddy 

Ready to board!


Eric, Jared, and Hannah set up camp at our barn during the county fair.
What fun to see them, even briefly!

Daddy spoke to the Kiwanis Club about the state fair.

2 comments:

  1. I find it impossible to believe today is the first day of AUGUST. I knew June was going to be busy; but I naively thought July was going to be a lazy summer month. It sounds like you've been hopping too. I loved seeing your Bible study reunion, annual potluck....How's Marvins ankle by now? your garden is marvelous. Ours is flat out pathetic. We'll have to try something different next year....different soil for one thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about it being August 1!! Crazy! Glad to report that Marvin's ankle is doing really well. Practically fully healed. And we have been enjoying corn and tomatoes from that garden this week!!! That makes me HUGELY excited!!!! (I have loved the other items like beets, zucchini, etc. but the corn and tomatoes are what we LIVE for!!!!!) :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!