Thursday, July 17, 2014

Snickerdoodles


Jackson had requested that I make Snickerdoodles soon.  The potluck seemed like a perfect opportunity.  Cookies are hard to beat!


Snickerdoodles
1 cup shortening (I use Butter flavor Crisco)
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
Beat above ingredients together.  

Sift together…
2 ¾ cups flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Add sifted dry ingredients to bowl with sugar/shortening mixture.  Blend together.  Chill dough.  When dough is cold and workable, make small balls then roll in cinnamon/sugar mixture.  (2 Tbsp. sugar to 2 tsp. cinnamon.)

Lay out on cookie sheet.  Slightly press down on cookie balls then bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.




Made me laugh... this was the day before the big airsoft battle.
We don't usually have both cookies and guns on our dining table.  :)

cookies for the potluck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!