Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Grilled Eggplant


I am so happy that the weather is finally allowing us to grill!  I get a little slap happy with the grill and want to cook absolutely everything on it.  I will be trying out grilled bananas next week and cannot wait!   :)  But, last week I was able to get a nice eggplant at the store and brought it straight home to the grill.



Grilled Eggplant
eggplant (I used one large)
olive oil
salt & pepper
garlic powder

Slice your eggplant into about ½ inch discs.  It is recommended to sprinkle the discs liberally with salt then let them sit in a colander over a bowl for 30-60 minutes.  They will drain out excess liquid.  You then rinse them (rinsing the salt off) in cold water and pat them dry.  Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder.  Then brush them on each side with olive oil.  (Note - I added the pepper and garlic powder to the olive oil in a small bowl, then brushed that mixture on each side of each disc.)  

Preheat grill to medium high heat and grill eggplant slices for 4-6 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.  


1 comment:

  1. These look yummy. Going to save the recipe to give it a try now that we have a grill.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!