Tuesday, April 22, 2014

District Solo and Ensemble contests


A few weeks ago, local students participated in District Solo and Ensemble contests.  Jackson and I joined Brianna's family and enjoyed hearing many performances.  Brianna participated in 5 different contests, receiving I ratings in all.  That means she will be going to State contest at the end of this month for all 5.  There are so many talented kids here locally.  It was a joy to see and hear them all perform.

Here is a video with snippets of all 5 of Brianna's performances, along with snippets of a few others.  At the bottom of this post I will share links to full video versions of all 5 of Brianna's performances.  



Jackson had to run and get Brianna's music for the first performance…  :)

Saxophone quartet

Brianna with her baritone saxophone

Rushing out the door to the next performance.

Adrian performing his saxophone solo.

Brianna ready to perform her clarinet solo.

Getting ready to perform her vocal solo.

Just found out she had received three I ratings (so far!).

Jackson and Brianna

Brianna, Jackson, and Adrian

Jackson trying on Bryan K's Google Glasses.   :)

Brianna in the mixed doubles quartet.

I didn't get a photo of Brianna performing with her final quartet, but I got this photo afterward.  

Brianna, Shannon, Rachel, Arabelle, and Forrest (who accompanied on French Horn)

Below are links to the full versions of all 5 of Brianna's contest performances.

Saxophone Quartet
https://vimeo.com/92302717

Clarinet Solo
https://vimeo.com/92302027

Vocal Solo
https://vimeo.com/92301319

Mixed Double Quartet
https://vimeo.com/92300427

Girls Quartet
https://vimeo.com/92286399





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!