An online friend, Emily, shared this recipe several years ago. I copied it and kept it safely tucked away in a 'to make' file. This is another one of those recipes that I can't believe it took me so long to get around to making!! It was delicious!
Cavatini
1 pound Italian sausage
1 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce (I actually used 2 jars because I doubled the amount of pasta)
1 7oz. box of macaroni (I used about 16oz. of Cavatapi)
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mozzarella/provolone blend)
1 package sliced pepperoni
1 cup shredded parmesan
Brown Italian sausage and drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain. I spread a thin layer of the meat sauce along the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Then layer the remaining ingredients starting with the pasta, then the pepperoni, then the shredded mozzarella/provolone, then meat sauce. Repeat these layers once more. (You may add a layer of mushrooms, which I would love, but no one else in my house would eat.) Top it all off with the shredded parmesan. (You can adjust ingredients and amounts to suit your personal preference.)
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!