Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Amy, Rachael and Donna's Visit

We got up early Saturday morning to head back home - happily anticipating the visit of Amy and Rachael all the way from Indiana.  Donna came up to join us and we had a girls sleepover!

Just a quick funny that I have to share.  On the way into town we stopped at Hy-Vee to get a few ingredients for dinner.  As I was perusing the bread section Jackson chuckled then said, "Mom, I think Donna is hiding in the deli meats."   ha!  Sure enough, she had dropped into the store herself, spotted us and was going to play a trick on me.  Jackson spoiled her fun.  :D   ha!

Amy and Rachael arrived and we chatted for awhile while I threw together a few pots of soup for supper.  Then we went out to the barn to see Marvin work the horses.  Back in for supper and visiting then we watched the worlds most boring movie EVER - The Green Lantern.  ugh.

Just listing 'what we did' doesn't sound so interesting, but we had a lovely, lovely time together.  :)  Lots of laughing and sharing and just enjoying each others company.   Thank you so much to Amy, Rachael and Donna for coming to see me!

Rachael and Amy

Governor and Marvin

in the horse barn

Marvin with Shadow

Marvin with Shadow

Jackson with Shadow

Jackson with Shadow

Marvin with the Haflingers - Dick and Bob

Marvin with Bob - the 'studly one'!  At least in his own mind!!

Rachael, Amy and Donna greeting the Haflingers


Donna, Laura and Amy

3 comments:

  1. "Donna is hiding in the deli meats." What a CLASSIC line!!

    Lokks like a wonderfully fun and entertaining day, and I love that photo of you three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! :) At first I couldn't figure out WHAT on earth he was talking about. Then I saw her head pop up behind the deli meats and I just laughed out loud. ha!! Too funny and SO Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You tell all my secrets, Laura!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!