April 24, 2021
What an exciting day! Jackson and Jonathan went to a sale with their eye on one particular pregnant mare. They thought they might bid on her but weren't totally sure. When they arrived they checked her out and really liked her. Sure enough, we got a phone call later that afternoon that they had her loaded up and were bringing her home! :)
Marvin went to the barn to prepare one of the large stalls for her. I watched for them to arrive and took photos and video. :) I was struck by the horses all calling out as she arrived. I'm not 100% sure who called out first, but they were all calling back and forth as she came up the drive. I love that! Ole Gus was laying down and sunning himself in the old dry-lot and I saw him hear her and then scramble madly to his feet and call out to her. Almost like a youngster scrambling to attention. :) It cracked me up.
 |
| I like her dapple gray color |
 |
| Jackson had not named her at this point... but he came up with the name Roxie later on. |
 |
She is definitely big and pregnant! The seller said she could have the foal at any time. So the guys are now officially on foal watch - every 2-3 hours. Marvin said she is showing signs and it could be anywhere from 1 day to two weeks! :) |
 |
| Welcome home, Roxie! |
 |
| Roxie in her new home - ready to foal. |
 |
| She has a sweet face. |
 |
| She is a pretty good sized horse. |
 |
Daddy and Mama came up to take a look. We have had a lot of moments like this over the years and none of us ever tire of the excitement of checking out a new horse! |
 |
| Jonathan, Daddy, Mama, Jackson, Marvin |
 |
Later Brianna and Maverick came out. What a cutie! We hadn't seen him since Thursday and it felt so long ago! :D |
This was so cute - Maverick was really 'clicking' to the horse. He makes the sound so well and was also holding his arm out to her - just like he sees the big guys do. He watches everything they do and the impressive thing is he can make the sound AND put together what it means and how it is used - then do that!
 |
| my cowboys! |
Here is a little video from the day...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!