Wednesday, June 10, 2020

The early days of quarantine

It's funny how this seems so long ago!  And yet, it is less than 90 days ago!  Everything seemed so big and scary at the beginning, didn't it?  I was then, and am still, amazed and awed by how quickly entities like schools and churches responded to the immediate needs of the moment.  That required turning everything they had always done upside down and reinventing 'routine'.  Incredible.  

For us, it was about pulling back from public activities and re-orienting our minds and bodies toward home.  Not a horrible thing!  Truly, while there are many things about this 'new way of being' that are inconvenient or not as I would prefer, there have been good things come of it, as well.  Things that I want to keep beyond the time of necessity.  

We are all now in a good routine and are in many ways busier than ever before!  Life is good and we are content.  

Here are some photos taken back at the beginning when I admit I felt much more uncertainty.  In times of uncertainty I do take comfort in the beauty of creation - the certainty of seasons that come and go.  Thankful that I can look out my front window to be reminded of these things.  





Daddy was taking a walk up to the horse barn.

Dear Jeremy brought out horse feed and some supplies we needed. 

I had a coffee date with Shonda via text.  :) 

more beauty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!