Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October Sojourners Club

Thursday, October 3, 2019
(good thing I keep a journal!  I would never remember anything without it!) 


I enjoyed going to Sojourners today.  I had missed last month since I was out west.  Today Shirley Riley was the speaker.  She talked about the Cadet Nurses from WW2, of which her Mom was one. It was so interesting.  And poignant. 

One sad fact is that neither of our Senators from Missouri will co-sponsor the bill in the Senate.  It is just sitting there waiting to be taken up.  It has PASSED the house but is languishing in the Senate.  That makes zero sense to me.  It sure seems like our own Missouri Senators should be supportive of this.  It is something that doesn’t cost much money (they don’t want veterans benefits, just to be acknowledged as having served their country and being veterans and primarily having a military burial).  It should move forward.  You can follow a facebook page about this here...  https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofUnitedStatesCadetNurseCorps/





This wasn’t Shirley’s Moms uniform, but it was the same kind she had.  This was the summer uniform.  




I love these two display boards.





Shirley said her Mom thought the book on the left had many stories that sounded familiar and like they were about friends she had had.  Then she looked at the authors and realized they were sisters who were in the class ahead of her and behind her and the stories WERE about people she knew!  Fun!  The second book was written by the surviving sister.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!