I wish I had a photo of this! It was so good. Tina and Charlie prepared it for us when they were here visiting. How nice of them!! They got the recipe from Matt and Lindy who apparently use it for small group suppers. I hate that I didn't get a picture of it. It is a keeper! I think I will try, at some point, to adapt it to the Instant Pot, too. :)
Pork Roast with Sweet Potatoes
½ cup apple juice
3 medium onions
2 lbs. pork tenderloin
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes, sliced 1 inch thick
4-8 medium apples (green, peeled)
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
⅛ tsp. sage
For Gravy
¼ cup cold water
2 Tbsp. corn starch
brown sugar
Pour apple juice into crock pot. Brown pork on all sides in skillet. Layer sweet potatoes, onions, and apples. Brush mustard on pork. Sprinkle with pepper and sage. (maybe some brown sugar, too) Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours. Transfer roast to platter. With slotted spoon transfer apples and sweet potatoes. Combine cold water, corn starch, and some brown sugar. Stir until thick and then stir into juices. This creates the gravy for the dish. Serve over rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!