Saturday, July 15, 2017

July 4 parade (on July 1st!)


Saturday morning I got to meet my friend, Tammy, downtown to watch the 4th of July parade (held on July 2!)  :D  She was in town visiting family and it provided us a perfect opportunity to get together for coffee and catching up.  We had a great time watching the parade and then spent a couple of hours talking over coffee.  Very fun and refreshing time.

Here are some photos of the parade.  Of course, I was especially focused on the Cornerstone float since I knew Jeremy was going to be riding Jake.  In fact, Jake spent the night before the parade out here at Willis Creek Ranch in a stall in the barn so he would still be clean and pretty for the parade.  What fun to see Jeremy and Jake!  And Jake did so well in the parade environment.  Well done, Jeremy!



Megan Pennington


:D

community band

Bill Lovegreen

Here comes the Cornerstone float

Jeremy riding Jake




Cody and Abdala



So, this was funny... when Shonda saw me she made a smart remark about 'I've got something for you, little girl'.  :)  I got this photo of her walking away and when I posted it on Facebook later I decided to make a smart remark back... I said 'this nice lady gave me a whistle'.  :D  Well... turns out it wasn't a whistle, but a flashlight!  :D  ha!!  oh well.  I said that must be why it wouldn't blow!!  :D   (Updated - I forgot that my friend Tammy and I were a true pair.  Someone handed her a little bottle of bubbles during the parade that she just couldn't get to work.  Turns out, it was hand sanitizer!  ha!  We just weren't bright enough to attend the parade this year!)   :D





This is probably my favorite classic car of all time!
I still remember dear Kerry's mustang...



Sweet Elijah with the Take Root Cafe paraders

beautiful!






Laura and Tammy
at Sweet Expressions after the parade 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!