This morning the last of our visiting family headed for home. We spent the day taking down our Christmas decorations and trying to restore some order to our messy house. It has been pretty quiet - and that was even with two additional teenage boys here hanging out with Jackson and Jonathan! Sometimes 'quiet' is good. I have to tell you, though, that today there was a certain sense of melancholy to the quiet. I missed hearing the laughter and voices of a house full of family. I missed trying to count how many places to set at the table for dinner, depending on which folks were going to be where at supper-time. (It seemed that no matter the combination of people or events, it was always 15!) :) I missed the bustle and general chaos that have so encompassed the last three weeks here at Willis Creek Ranch.
But, tomorrow will begin a new week and, for us, a new semester - and even the real nitty gritty of this new year. I will enjoy looking back over past weeks (and all of December!) through photos and cards and memories in my mind. And I will attempt to catch up this blog. But beware, it may take awhile... :)

Wonderful, Laura! Thanks for a joyous Christmas time with family, good food, fellowship and much laughing and sharing. Peace. Daddy
ReplyDeleteLaura, thanks so much! We miss you - and everyone - already! Thank you for making such a wonderful memory for all of us this winter holiday. It was a joy to be around you and Julie and your families and Mother and Dad, and everyone else! Love, Kerry
ReplyDeleteLove you all so much...
ReplyDelete:)
Laura