Sunday, January 15, 2012

6th day of Christmas

Stephen's parents, Hal and Beverly, drove all the way up from Oklahoma to join us for New Years weekend.  We were so glad they did and had a terrific time with them.  We are already hoping it will become an annual event.   :)

Their first day in town we went to Bellacino's for lunch then took a tour of town with major stops at Truman and ATSU.  Daddy led our crew (missing a few, but still a pretty good little crowd) around both campuses telling stories.  I am still regretting that I didn't get video.  I may have to ask him to do it all again.  :)  And, as you can see from the photos, the balmy weather was over and gone.  The wind was howling and it was COLD!  But, we still had a lovely day.

at Kirk Memorial


down by Magruder Hall




in Magruder Hall

Stephen, Beverly, Rachel, Kerry, Hannah, Candace, Hal, Mama, Daddy, Marvin
we dropped by Julie's office, too.

In Daddy's office at ATSU - getting the history behind lots of great photos

I have always loved this mural depicting the history of our town.

who is that hanging in the hallway at ATSU?   :)

Mama telling the story behind the painting of A.T. Still.

That evening we gathered for a big meal together and got to hear a lot of Hal's funny stories.  :D   What a joy to have Hal and Beverly with us.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!