Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Done!

Jackson finally 'paid off' his truck that he 'bought' from Grandpa.  He bought this truck with 400 hours of labor.  It was a good deal for all.  Jackson got a fantastic truck in great condition for no $ out of pocket.  Grandpa got his very own 'indentured servant' for a little over a year.   :)  ha!  Poor Grandpa said, when the card was finished, that he sure hated to lose that freedom to call anytime for Jackson to come work.  Jackson assures him that he will still work anytime, but Grandpa felt better with the card behind his request.  Now whenever Jackson mentions anything Grandpa constantly asks, "do you need a card for that?"   ha!


Filling in that last star for the final hour worked to pay off the truck.

He has worked hard to earn the truck.  

Done!   :)
Now for the (looming) 16th birthday and official driver's license.  Goodness... where did the time go?

Jackson's truck

8 comments:

  1. ". . . where did the time go?" I know you didn't mean the 400 hours but the nearly 16 years! A new adventure is around the corner: a relationship with your boys as the young men they are becoming, Mary Lee anonymously said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amy, it is! :)

    Mary Lee - you are correct! I definitely meant the 16 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jackson!
    Uncle Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are our kids growing up so quickly?! That's a pretty cool idea--and I must say EXCELLENT money for a 15-year-old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! What a great way to earn his first truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shonya... Marvin and I joke that WE would like one of those cards! :D

    Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!