Sunday, January 15, 2012

7th day of Christmas (or New Years Eve day!)

Saturday, New Years Eve, was quite a day!  Folks rode horses, flew in planes and then we ended the day with a big celebration with lots of friends and family.

Candace's brother, Craig, owns his own plane and offered to come down and take Hal, Stephen and Jonathan up for a spin.  (Rachel, Stephen, Hannah, Susanna and Arayna had gone up to Craig's earlier in the week to fly, as well.)  It was a beautiful day for flying, although the wind was a bit fierce.  Craig buzzed our house so we could run out and wave at them (and take a few photos).  :)  Stephen and Jonathan were also taking photos from the plane and got some neat ones of Willis Creek Ranch.  All in all, I'd say that Craig made 3 big fans that day.  :)  (I am borrowing lots of Stephen's photos from that day... thanks Stephen!)


Hal - ready to go

Jonathan and Stephen

I love that Stephen was able to get pretty much the whole place in this shot.  From Julie's clear up to our place.

Jackson got this shot of them in the air above the house...

while Stephen took this one of all of us pointing our cameras back up at them!   :)


I love the sunlight reflecting off the wing in this photo Jonathan took.

When the flyers got back they had a quick lunch then everyone headed down to the barn for horseback riding.  Again, I have to thank Stephen for taking all the photos.  I was up at the house cooking and totally missed my opportunity!   :)


Susanna getting Dick ready to ride.

Hal on Governor and Marvin on Dick



Susanna riding Governor
Hannah riding Dick

Jackson riding Shadow


Rachel riding Governor

Busy barn!  :)
Beverly riding Governor

Stephen got a chance to ride, too.  

This photo just makes me chuckle...

I think I had better start a new post for the actual New Years Eve celebration.  Too many more photos I want to share for that one!   :)




1 comment:

  1. Fun!! My middle son loves planes. I still owe him a plane ride from his last birthday. It was too windy to go up. It was a much smaller plane than what you showed here. Considering his next birthday is just a few months away, I should get that planned. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!