Mav is talking so much now. It still isn’t all understandable but his words flow and he is definitely speaking in paragraphs. HE knows exactly what he is saying and I want so much to understand every single word. Today I thought he was saying something about his ‘boy’ but it was his ‘barn’. Marvin had moved some toys to the basement and Mav was looking for every single one! Nothing slipped past him! So we went and retrieved them all.
Mav was looking at Christmas ornaments on the tree. He liked this one. I told him that was very old and said/represented Grandma, GranGran, and Jackson & Jonathan as little boys. He said, no, that was HIM not his Daddy (the little boy). :)
He also liked the JOY ornament. I told him that was what it said and he told me something about it but I couldn’t understand. :( I sang Joy to the World and he loved that!
He removed it, played with it awhile, and then put it back on the tree. :)
But his favorite ornament remains the little red tractor and wagon. I mean, of course! He plays with it very nicely and put one of the little smooth green rocks in the back for a load. He wants figures to sit on the vehicles now (so like Jonathan was). He brought a little blue boy toy that can bend a bit and was able to put that on there some. I ordered him some poseable figures today and hope they really work.
Sweet little guy... This was just before we went to take a nap. :)
He had questions about this one. It is the Santa that our ‘secret Santa’ gave us at our wedding. I will always believe it was the Jay boys - whether that is true or not. (But I think it was!).
This is an interesting looking Santa ornament, for sure. He closely examined it.
He asked about the little star thing hanging from the tip. We then sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He even sang with me a bit!
Mav and I both took a nap today! I was just exhausted so when I put him down I decided to do the same! We had a good nap - a couple hours! When it was time to wake up he really wasn’t all that interested. :) But finally we went into the living room. That was when we had to go to the basement to get the other cash register (one of the final things missing from the living room that wasn’t getting past him!). While down there he spotted this old toy of the boys and brought it up. He just LOVES all the old toys down there. He doesn’t seem to mind that they are all old, somewhat not working or broken (check out one of poor Woody’s arms). He just loves them anyway. :)
First thing Jackson and Jonathan said was ‘did you find the remote control’? :D I think THEY enjoy seeing the old toys resurrected! (No, we didn’t but we will look later on - it is probably down there somewhere)
Mav discovered if you push the buttons there is some action. Woody raises and lowers his hands. This is Mav mimicking that.
Then we worked on his stickers on the glass door for awhile.
When Jonathan came in from walking Goose Mav showed him the toy. Jonathan told him he remembered playing with it, too.
GranGran said maybe HE would like to keep the toy. Mav is holding it away from him saying ‘no, mine!’. At this point Jackson walked in and commented that Mav’s world is really going to be upended next May. Jackson should know! Ha!
Mav keeping an eye on everyone!! :D
Funnies today with Mav...
At one point this morning Mav was keeping Marvin in the kitchen. If Marvin would walk onto the carpet Mav would direct him to move back to the kitchen. ‘No!’ :). No idea why! But he was quite insistent! Later he heard Jonathan sneeze in the mud room when he was with Goose and Mav said, ‘we should check on J’. I told him he could go do that so he ran and opened the mud room door and and said, “J, are you Otay?” :) Jonathan assured him he was and asked if Mav wanted to give Goose a treat. Mav responded ‘Yes’ in that cute little clear voice he has. Later when Jonathan came in Mav had been talking about where GranGran was... he heard Jonathan and got up to look then said, “It’s not GranGran, it’s only J”. Wow! Harsh! :D ha! Mav has definitely become a ‘Ma’s’ boy. I am okay with that. He gives me great hugs and kisses and is always happy to see me. Thank you Lord for this incredible gift of a precious grandson. Such a blessing. Such a joy.




























No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!