December 24, 2022
Christmas Eve service at First United Methodist Church - I always love this so much.
Mav was excited to have his own candle!
Dear Donna greeting Daddy.
Candace, Rachel, Hannah and Susanna sang
Back at the house for dinner after church... there is a 'monster' in a blanket! :D
Oh, good... it's just Maverick!! :D
This was unbelievably special! Donna gave Daddy a gift and when we got home he opened it up. Mav and I were with him at first...
Mav loves to help open gifts! :D
But imagine our complete shock and amazement when we opened it to find one of the chocolate box lids with a photo of Daddy riding Frosty that was from his retirement dinner back in 2003! She had saved her box lid for all this time and gave it back to him this evening. Wow! Absolutely incredible! And boy did it bring back SO many wonderful memories!!
Hannah's face says it all! :D
We were all reminiscing about that evening of celebration, those incredible chocolate boxes (with a delicious mousse inside) and the 4 different photos of Daddy riding horses on the lids. It was an ingenious idea!
What a truly magnificent and thoughtful gift from dear Donna! I can't believe she had saved this all these years! But we are so glad she did!
This one was Daddy riding Frosty.
Mav loves this little globe. He plays with it every time we are at Grandpa Jack's house.
He also loves to play the piano there...
Hannah helping him pick out a tune...
I can't remember how we spotted these again, but even I climbed under the piano once I was alerted. I used to sit underneath this piano when I was a kid and would write and draw and doodle... I had forgotten all about that! But I have quite a few years worth of stuff under here! :D We tried to take photos of it all - some came out clearer than others...
Here I have recorded the birth of Matt Glass. He was my little sweetie-pie at the time. I also recorded his parents wedding date, just for good measure. :D
I got a bit worried when I started to read the note that is to the far right here... :D ha! 'My mother is a teacher' by Laura August 28, 1974. Also, 'love is good' - that still preaches!
Here I am working on some of my poems. I imagine I started them under this pinao - where true thoughtful times and introspection did indeed occur for me.
The one on the left, My Dreamhouse, was published in Grit Magazine! Of course, it was published because Daddy sent it in - but I was migty proud to be 'a published author' at the age of 11. Only the first verse is written out here under the piano... I wrote a total of 4 verses I think. (they are in my poetry book - that I still have). I then followed that up with a poem about Friends - dated 3/13/79.
I am just now seeing the 'I Love My Family' part under the Matt birth announcement. :)
I'm betting that Kerry actually wrote both of these - I remember he used to do that thing where he would write in a circle with something inside it. And I think he wrote down my quote there from July 7, 1973... "Love is a magic God". I think I still like that!
Oh boy... this was quite the poem. I remember writing this one. It was in 6th grade and had to do with a specific day in school... and a specific 'friend' who made life kind of tough for an 'average girl'. Whooo boy. I finished this one that night in my closet with the light on. I could NOT sleep until I spilled my heart out on the page in poetry. This is the poem that probably lit the fire of writing in me... entitled "I'm Just a Pigeon". I have a feeling I was just marking the date for posterity (I've always been the way I am) :D
Here you can see the 'I Love My Family' part better...
"My mother is a... teacher". (whew!) hahahahaha!
Hannah added this drawing tonight! I love it!!
Mav loved this 3D Christmas book Candace had.
Mav introducing Uncle Kerry to Bluey... :D
Ah yes... here is the poem from my poetry book. The date here says March 3, 1982. I think that is when I tweaked it for an english class. As the date under the piano shows I initially wrote it February, 28, 1979. Again, I remember it well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!