Saturday, December 3, 2022

Dinner Club - Murder Mystery Night

December 2, 2022
This was the date of our first Dinner Club hosted by another couple.  It was at Bryan and Deb's house and they chose the them of Murder Mystery Night.  We were all assigned a character and were to show up 'in character' for our 'company ugly Christmas sweater party'.  Sadly, I did not have an ugly Christmas sweater, but I felt my character might not have worn one anyway.  :D 

Deb and Bryan are amazing!  They had every detail taken care of... from signs on their front door about this being the location for the Tasty-ful office party - special parking for the employee of the month in the driveway... To hilarious 'inspirational' posters on the walls in their house.  And lanyards for each guest with their name and photo and job title.  Truly, they are remarkable and we all entered the house in character.  





Deb was "Lotto Mop" and she is a born actress.  I can see where Aaron gets it!  


This was at the end of the evening when we were discovering that Brian was the killer.  The funny thing is he said he has only done 2 of these murder mysteries in his life and both times he was the murderer!  :D  ha!  His 'confession' was fabulous!  I told Nancy that I'm sure it will all be okay - it means nothing.  :D  hahahaha! 



Another truly funny part of the evening was that Bob was so totally in his character that I believe Jonathon was afraid he was going to have to do a medical intervention!  Bob was playing a character who would basically drop off to sleep mid-sentence and was kind of out of it.  Jonathan was so taken with Bob's acting that he didn't realize it was acting!  Same with Scott who played a character named Sellon Slick... a salesman who thinks he is 'the best looking guy in town'.  Susan even said to Scott once that he needed to read from his script and Scott laughingly replied that he had memorized it!  He was so smooth Susan thought he was off script!  :D  We can see who the natural actors are in this group!  Love it!  I also really enjoyed seeing Aaron on his pre-taped parts that were played throughout the evening.  Kudos to him for helping his parents pull this off!  





Marvin, Susan, Jonathon, Nancy, Brian, Julie, Debbie, Bob, Bryan, Deb, Scott, Anne


I was glad to see this note at the very start!  :D  Whew! 

I love how Dinner Club is taking off!  Each host has their own unique idea for their theme and some will push me beyond my comfortable boundaries (like poetry night coming up next at Brian and Nancy's house!).  This is a wonderful group of people and I so enjoy spending time with them.  Really looking forward to many more Dinner Club evenings with this group. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!