June 21, 2020
Father's Day 2020 was a beautiful day and so very special. We began the day with online church which was so meaningful. Then Jonathan and Marvin went down to Mama and Daddy's house to set up the tables and chairs for lunch. We were having the gathering in their yard under the big old trees for shade. And we were expecting several wonderful people that we haven't been able to be with as much lately.
We ordered carry out from Mi Casa for the whole crew, so I went to town to pick that up. When I returned folks were already there so we began distributing the orders. We were just waiting on Jackson, Brianna and Maverick (who find it takes a lot longer to leave the house than it ever used to!) :) Daddy greeted us all and then asked us to share something that we were thankful for. We started with Zac and Hannah. J, B&M arrived while they were finishing up, so we went ahead and ate our lunch. Then we got back to everyone sharing. I loved that part. There is SO MUCH to be thankful for. Always. Even in the midst of hardship. ESPECIALLY in the midst of hardship. I, for one, am deeply thankful for every person who was here this day (and for so many more who weren't).
Here are several photos from the day. But I will post a link at the bottom to an album of even more photos. Such a special day required many, many photos. :)
 |
We had socially distanced tables
|
 |
Zac and Hannah were telling us what they were thankful for...
|
 |
Here come Jackson, Brianna, and Maverick
|
 |
Zac and Hannah
|
 |
Shonda, Cody, and Jeremy
|
 |
Daddy, Julie, Mama, Betty
|
 |
Matthew, Anna, Megan
|
 |
Marvin holding Maverick
|
 |
Jonathan, Marvin (with Maverick), Laura, Jackson, Brianna
|
We gave Father's Day gifts to Daddy, Marvin, and Jackson :)
Daddy's and Jackson's matched. :D
 |
Brianna made delicious cheesecakes for everyone!
|
I love both of these 3 generation photos...
We wanted to get some group photos...
...social distancing style. :)
We also wanted to get photos of Julie, Anna, and Megan at the garden.
 |
a lot of work has gone into this project!
|
 |
Julie, Anna, Megan
|
I was able to get into the pool on this evening! My second time! It has been a crazy summer but I look forward to more pool time soon.
 |
I love the view from the pool...
|
 |
...in any direction
|
 |
just high enough up on the deck to have a slightly different view than normal |
 |
so pretty
|
 |
I never get tired of the view out here
|
 |
This isn't bad either. :)
|
Here is a link to an album full of photos from Father's Day 2020.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!