Cheesy Bacon Asparagus
12 oz. asparagus spears, trimmed (I have used both fresh and frozen)
1 cup shredded cheese (any kind will work - I have used Colby Jack, Sharp Cheddar, etc.)
1-3 slices bacon, diced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
5 cloves garlic, minced
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a gallon ziplock bag, toss the asparagus spears with the olive oil until well coated. (You can mix this together in a bowl if you prefer.)
Place asparagus spears on a baking tray, arranging side by side in a single layer. Evenly sprinkle the garlic, salt, and pepper over the asparagus.
Bake until the asparagus is crisp-tender and just beginning to brown (about 10 to 15 minutes). Evenly spread the shredded cheese over the top of the asparagus and the sprinkle the diced bacon on top of the cheese. (Note - the first time I used raw bacon and it took a little longer to cook. The 2nd time I used already cooked bacon and it worked better, in my opinion.) Turn the oven to Broil and allow to broil for about 5 minutes, watching to be sure it doesn't burn.
This recipe is SO GOOD!!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate hearing from you!